The all-new DX-format Nikon D500 D-SLR gives pros and no-compromise enthusiasts access to astonishing power and precision. No matter how far your vision takes you, this camera is ready to go further and faster.
Fully equipped to match your every ambition with amazing image quality, the D500 meets the toughest photographic challenges out there. The camera’s next-generation 153-point AF system offers exceptionally wide coverage whether shooting a pro football or a high profile event. With 10 frames a second for up to 200 shots you never need miss an image. And for moviemakers who go to extremes, D-movie now enables users to record 4K UHD (ultra-high-definition) movies in-camera.
Nikon D500 Key Features:
- Powerful 153-point AF : with an incredible 153 focus points and 99 cross-type sensors. AF sensitivity down to -4 EV (ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F) enables superior low-light performance. Subjects at the periphery are easily detected and vertical shooting is vastly improved due to the implementation of 99 cross-type sensors through the focusing area. Thanks to a new AF ASIC unit, maximum computing power is allocated to AF at all times.
- High-speed continuous shooting at 10fps:The D500 delivers high-speed continuous shooting at approx. 10 fps for up to 200 shots in JPEG and in 14-bit lossless compressed RAW, without any drop in shooting speed. Even moving subjects can be tracked accurately across a wide field of view at this rapid rate, taking advantage of the camera’s stable viewfinder image and a widest-ever diagonal viewing angle of approx. 30.8°
- Unique benefits of a compact DX system :Nikon’s DX-format D500 provides an angle of view equivalent to that of a lens with an approx. 1.5x longer focal length. This permits telephoto shooting using smaller, lighter lenses with a shorter focal length, while taking advantage of performance that rivals the D5 FX-format flagship model. The camera’s agility is also enhanced by the kit lens, AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR, the lightweight 5x normal zoom lens, which weighs only approx. 1340 gms when attached to the D500.
- 4K UHD video, suitable for professional productions : The D500 can record 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)/30p/25p/24p as well as 1080/60p video for up to 29 min. 59 s, with simultaneous output via HDMI available. It is also possible to generate 4K UHD time-lapse movies within the camera. In Full HD or HD mode, the D500’s electronic Vibration Reduction function reduces the effects of camera shake in the horizontal, vertical and rotational directions during hand-held movie recording, while Active D-Lighting preserves details in highlights and shadows to capture footage with natural brightness.
- New EXPEED 5 image-processing engine : The D500’s new EXPEED 5 image-processing engine, as used in the D5, delivers standard ISO sensitivity from 100 to 51200, expandable down to Lo 1 (ISO 50 equivalent) and up to Hi 5 (ISO 1640000 equivalent). It can capture exceptionally high-definition images, while effectively reducing noise even at high ISO settings. The new 180K-pixel RGB sensor (approx. 180,000 pixels) further improves the performance of the camera’s Advanced Scene Recognition System, and its flicker reduction for still images reduces exposure variations even under flickering light sources.
- Touch-screen, tilting 8-cm/3.2-in. high-resolution monitor: The D500’s touch-panel monitor enables a variety of functions, including instant switching of images using the frame advance bar and text input — shared with the D5 — as well as touch AF and touch shutter (in still shooting). The tilting monitor with 3-axis hinge structure allows you to shoot from more flexible angles for stills and movies. And its large 8-cm/3.2-in. screen with significantly enhanced 2359k-dot resolution lets you confirm focus in amazingly precise detail.
- SnapBridge support: The D500 can be constantly connected to a smart device with the SnapBridge application installed (to be available as a free download), via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. This enables a variety of features: you can automatically transfer images taken with the D500 to your smart device, as well as upload them automatically to NIKON IMAGE SPACE. You can also use the smart device to browse images stored in the camera, as well as embed images with its location and date/time information. SnapBridge dramatically enhances the value and convenience of images taken with the D500.
- WT-7/A/B/C Wireless Transmitter (optional): Nikon’s WT-7/A/B/C Wireless Transmitter is aimed at professionals who need to transfer images more quickly than they can with built-in wireless LAN. When attached to the D500, it allows images and movie files to be transferred to computers* or FTP server via both wired and wireless LAN. The D500 with WT-7/A/B/C can be used as a wireless LAN access point, permitting easy connections with computers and smart devices. *Requires Wireless Transmitter Utility (available for download from Nikon website).
Nikon D500 Specifications:
- 147 x 115 x 81 mm (body only).
- 760g without lens, battery and memory card.
- Included Accessories:
- Body Cap BF-1B, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL15, Battery Charger MH-25a, DK-17F fluorine-coated finder eyepiece, UC-E22 USB cable, AN-DC17 camera strap.
||20.9 MP : 5568×3712
||23.6 x 15.7mm (APS-C – 1.5x Crop Factor)
|Frames Per Second
|Max Shutter Speed
|Memory Card Type
||Secure Digital (SD)
||JPEG, RAW, TIFF